March 29 2012 – The New Institut Mines- Télécom was launched simultaneously on the Télécom Bretagne campuses in Brest, Rennes and Toulouse, the first launch of Institut Mines-Télécom outside of Paris.
L’Institut Mines-Télécom, brings together the Mines Schools and the Institut Télécom Schools*, thus forming the first group of engineering and business schools in France, making it a key player in higher education, research and innovation. As the major engineering school in the region of Brittany, Télécom Bretagne represents a vital link in the new Institute.
Including its two subsidiary schools Eurecom and Télécom Lille 1, Institut Mines- Télécom counts 12,000 students on the school campuses which issue 3,600 diplomas per year, 2,100 of which are in engineering.
This new institute also includes 2 strategic partners, Mines Nancy and Armines, a network of 10 associate schools, as well as 2 aid structures for technology transfer, 2 Instituts Carnot, 3 foundations and 2 endowment funds and already represents a major force nationally in technological, managerial and scientific training provisions, as well as in research and innovation.
The new institute’s governance
Jean-Bernard Levy, chairman of the Vivendi executive board, is the president of the Management Board of the new Institut Mines-Télécom.
Jean-Claude Jeanneret, who was until now the General Director of the Institut Télécom, has been made the Managing Director of the Institut Mines-Télécom. He chairs the Collège des directeurs, bringing together the school directors, whose first task will be to define the future group strategy for this new Institute.
Jean-Claude Jeanneret will be assisted by :
- Jean-Claude Barra : director of studies, international relations and partnerships ;
- Francis Jutand; scientific director ;
- Isabelle Lautraite, director for communication ;
- Brigitte Rouède, director of human resources ;
- Nicolas Sennequier, strategy director ;
- Jocelyne Soussan-Coantic, administration officer.
* Institut Mines-Télécom schools : Mines Albi, Mines Alès, Mines Douai, Mines Nantes, Mines ParisTech, Mines Saint-Étienne, Télécom Bretagne, Télécom École de Management, Télécom ParisTech, Télécom SudParis.