The video “the researcher’s Minute” by Thomas Semmler, research professor in the Department of Languages and international culture and coordinator of the European Ema-4-Moodle project, is dedicated to using the Moodle e-learning platform of for language courses.
As part of the Erasmus Mundus program funded by the European Commission, six universities * have worked together to significantly advance the teaching of languages online. The team at Telecom Bretagne is steering and coordinating the project started in December 2008. The object of the Ema-4-Moodle project was to facilitate access to higher education in Europe for non-European students. Based on the observation that higher education abroad is much more fruitful if the student knows the language and culture of the country, the team has developed language courses for the Moodle online learning platform. Each course has 25 hours of instruction in language and intercultural preparation (videos, pronunciation and grammar exercises, inter-cultural activities …). The courses are intended primarily for international students who wish to study but can also be very useful for other populations.
University partners in the Ema-4-Moodle project:
- Telecom Bretagne, project pilot (France);
- Telecom Lille 1 (France);
- Deutsche Telekom Hochschule für Telekommunikation Leipzig (Germany)
- State Telecommunications University Bonch-Bruevich St Petersburg (Russia);
- University of Zilina (Slovakia);
- Siberian State University of Telecommunications and Information Sciences in Novosibirsk (Russia).